We love truffles, but especially any truffle that includes the Oreo cookie, and these Peppermint Crunch Oreo Truffles are ideal for the holidays. They are delicious, easy and everyone loves that hint of chocolate and mint around Christmas. These make a nice large batch you can enjoy for yourself, and share with friends and family.
Peppermint Crunch Oreo Truffles
This peppermint crunch Oreo truffle is perfect for the holidays since it gives that classic holiday flavor of chocolate and peppermint. Get your kids involved with this recipe since they can easily help you crush cookies, candies or roll the mixture into truffles.
1 15.25 oz. package Oreo Cookies
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Peppermint Candy, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
16 oz. White Chocolate Chips
Just like all of our favorite Oreo truffle recipes, you have to start with that big package of cookies being crumbled in a food processor. This is the easiest and most fun first step for a truffle. To make your peppermint crunch Oreo truffles, you will start by crushing your cookies until they are a fairly small powder and consistency. Small chunks are okay, but you want mostly powder.
While you are processing your Oreo cookies, you can have your kids help by placing peppermint candy or candy canes into a plastic bag and beating them with a small hammer, pot or pan to crush them. Double bagging is a good idea to prevent them from spilling or breaking through the bag.
Next you’ll add these crumbs along with your cream cheese, peppermint extract, and the crushed peppermint candy into a stand mixer or large bowl with a high powered hand mixer and beat until well combined and starts pulling together like a dough.
The most fun part is next. You get to roll this mixture into balls which you’ll then pop into the freezer to harden for a bit before dipping into your melted white chocolate chips.
Heat your white chocolate chips in 30 second increments in the microwave until they are melted. Use two forks to help dip the frozen truffles into the melted white chocolate. You’ll want to make sure they are completely coated, but tap off any excess chocolate. Place on your parchment lined baking sheet to cool, but before completely solid, sprinkle the tops with a bit of extra crushed peppermint.
- 1 15.25 oz. package Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Peppermint Candy, crushed
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 16 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- Process the Oreos (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs, ½ cup of crushed peppermint candies, peppermint extract and cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl as directed on packaging. Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candies onto the tops of each truffle.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
These peppermint crunch Oreo truffles are an amazing treat everyone will love making this year. They are easy for you and great for kids to help with. Keep them for yourself, or add to holiday tins to gift to your friends and family.
Check out our other great Oreo treats and delicious truffles for the holiday season!