Looking for a fun summertime addition to your front door? Check out this cute Flip Flop Wreath idea that can be made on the cheap from Dollar Store supplies!
This was made by a friend of mine and I just HAD to share it with you guys – because I know some of you who live for that easygoing summertime life 😉
You can customize this with certain colors, switch out the flowers with seashells, or these little cocktail umbrellas – whatever floats your boat!
How to Make a Flip Flop Wreath
What you need:
- Wire wreath frame or Foam Wreath Form (can be found at the Dollar Tree)
- Flip Flops in various colors – number will depend on how large your wreath form is
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Foam floral stickers & Fake floral stems to embellish
- Wooden Initial Monogram painted to match for the center – optional but cute!
- Lay the flip flops out against the wreath and fiddle around with them until you have the pattern of colors you want. You can face some in and some outwards to even out the spacing.
- Use the hot glue gun to secure each flip flop to the wreath form – making sure to cover the form completely. (or as best you can)
- Embellish with flowers, foam stickers, seashells, etc…
- Use hot glue to attach a monogram to the center of the wreath if you like (you can pick these up at Hobby Lobby for super cheap with a 40% OFF weekly coupon!)
I think this would also make a great summertime housewarming gift for a friend.
If you liked this flip flop wreath – you might want to check out some of our other DIY ideas!