So it’s the time of year when you want to create those awesome gingerbread houses but what if you did a Gingerbread House Party and invited all your friends, kids, and more over to share the night together? We do the Annual Gingerbread House Party just about every year and it takes some prep work for sure but it pays off with quality time with friends and family as well as tons of laughs and fun for everyone!
You may be wondering how on earth do you even start with planning a Gingerbread House Party and let me tell you we have it almost down to a science at this point and want to pass on some tips. You can see how our own Gingerbread House Party goes HERE.
- I made 75 bags of royal icing. This was about 10 batches and placed about 1 cup in ziplock bags. Then I tied the corner of each bag so that they were more cone-shaped to help frost better. Royal icing is used as the glue to hold the candy on and make the house stick together.
- Make the frosting a little thicker than I would have if I was using it right away. Because they are sitting overnight the meringue sometimes separates a little and so thicker makes better glue
- Made about 80 small gingerbread houses. I used graham crackers (not actual gingerbread) as I did not have time to bake that much! Each house used 6 graham crackers, each box of crackers made about 4 houses. Yes, I had to buy about 20 boxes of graham crackers!
- Use leftover from Halloween, bought cheap candy at Dollar Tree and bought big bags at Sams Club. I found that buying cheaper items like pretzels and marshmallows helped fill up the table and houses cheaper than candy
You may also enjoy:
- Features heavy-gauge steel construction with rolled-rim edges designed for easy, everyday use
- Includes all the essential bake pan shapes for great baking results and is oven safe to 450 degrees F
- Set Includes Two 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Sheets, two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, one 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 2-Piece Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Covered Rectangular Cake Pan, and a 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- Patented angled surface lets you read measurements from above
- Eliminates the need to fill, check and adjust
- Standard and metric measurement markings
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free
- Including 4 pcs leaf shaped cookie cutters,maple, oak,double leaf and basic leaf
- This leaf fondant cutter is made of food grade plastic
- Plunger Cookie Cutters feature a sprung plunger which is super easy and fast to use
- Each cookie stamper measures aprox. 2″ with great leaf design details
- Hand wash and dry thoroughly.
- The pie leaf cutter is great for pie gum paste, fondant, chocolate and more,help you make the perfect Autumn, harvest or Thanksgiving pie.
- 6-Piece Silicone Mini Pie Molds
- Bake and serve mini pies or tarts in colorful silicone molds
- Silicone molds are oven-safe up to 500°F, perfect for baked recipes
- Dishwasher safe
- Eco-friendly Material
- Mini Cupcake Container
- 4inch x 4inch x 2.5inch (10.2cm x 10.2cm x 6.4cm)
- Transparent Window
- Easy to Assemble
Making the most of your shopping this year? Don’t forget to:
- Compare prices to Amazon (Amazon may have changed their price since we posted this! They frequently change prices to match the major retailers)
- See the Amazon Gold Box & Lightning Deals