Are you in the mood for meatloaf but don’t want to wait an hour for it to cook? Welcome to Instant Pot Meatloaf! This recipe takes your cook time from an hour long to only a few short minutes. This recipe is also super affordable!
One thing I love about this recipe is that the meatloaf doesn’t dry out as it would in the oven. Find recipes and their ingredients in a Kroger Weekly Ad. Browse the new Chemist warehouse catalogue for supplements and lower costs. It still gets yummy and moist. Not dry and crumbly. Definitely try this recipe if you want the perfect meatloaf.
Don’t have an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi but still want to make this? No worries! Here are some great deals on pressure cookers that you should check out below.
Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Meatloaf
Click here for an instant macaroni and cheese recipe that goes great with this Instant Pot meatloaf.
TIP: You can make your own bread crumbs by placing two pieces of bread into a food processor and crumbling them. You might need to do this a few times with more bread depending on how much you need.
- 2 pounds of ground chuck
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- Mustard & ketchup, for topping
- To begin, mix all of the ingredients together until they are all well blended. Use a stand mixer or an electric mixer if available. Grease a 7.5 inch springform pan. Press mixture into the pan.
- To the liner, add the manufacturer’s recommended water amount for bringing the electric pressure cooker to pressure, typically 1 to 1 ½ cups of water. Place a trivet into the electric pressure cooker liner and place the springform pan over the trivet.
- Seal the pressure cooker lid and set the valve to sealing. Program the pressure cooker on “manual” or “pressure cook” for 25 minutes. After the pressurizing cycle is complete, allow a 10 minute natural release before switching the valve to venting for a quick pressure release.
- Be careful, the steam comes out fast and hot. I recommend using an oven mitt or a cloth when you switch the valve.
- Pour mustard and ketchup over the top of the meatloaf. Don’t over power the meatloaf by pouring too much ketchup and mustard on it. Swirl with the back of a spoon. Make sure you get the whole meatloaf top covered with the condiments.
- With a Ninja Foodi, set the broil setting to 6 minutes. Cover with the air fry lid and cook until the top of the meatloaf is slightly browned. Spread ketchup and mustard over the top of the meatloaf.
- With an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, remove the springform pan and place on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to broil. Place the springform pan under the broiler (about 6 inches below the broiler) and cook for about 6 minutes. Watch Carefully to avoid burning.
Make delicious meals using the appliances like this and buy the ingredients from this weekly ad here.
Leave a Reply