I am very traditional when it comes to a pot roast and Sunday dinner. I do it the same way that my Grandma Davis does, meat potatoes, carrots, dry onion soup, etc. Paul suggested trying a new recipe and I protested! So, he made dinner, which I will never turn down a meal that I did not have to make! It turned out VERY good! In fact I would definitely make it again!
The reason that we tried it is that we have a coupon for the Classico tomatoes right now and have picked up a few cans. You can find that coupon HERE under 77477.
Zesty Italian Pot Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours Servings: 12 (1 cup each)
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- 1 (28-oz.) can ClassicoTM Crushed Tomatoes in Puree ( coupon HERE)
- 3 carrots, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 onion, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Wyler’s® Beef Granules
1. In a slow cooker, combine ingredients and set on low heat for 8 hours. 2. Once roast is tender, place on a serving platter and top with cooked vegetables and sauce.
Tip: For a complete meal, add 2 cups chopped potatoes at the start of cooking. We added the potatoes!