What are you having for dinner tonight? It is a little cooler here and so I want to stick something in the oven and have the house smell good! Since there are some good coupons out I am going to make Homemade Chicken Pot Pie!
The total cost at my Walmart for the ingredients was $11.57. That is under $2 a serving as this serves 6 for a pie. You can double it and put it into a 9×13 pan.
There are a few coupons that you will need:
Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts $2.49 ( after $.50/2 coupon)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup $.60 ( after $.40/3 coupon)
- 1 (8 ounce) tub or package cream cheese $1.48 (after $1/1 coupon)
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed $2.00
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken meat $5 ( I use a rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl combine soup and softened cream cheese. Mix until thoroughly blended. Stir in vegetables and chicken.
- Pour chicken mixture into pastry-lined pie pan. Cover with top crust. Seal and cut steam vents in top. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove foil halfway through baking to allow edges of crust to brown. Check often late in cooking time to ensure crust is not burning.
** We also make this in a 9×13 casserole dish. Another variation is to add biscuits to the top instead of a pie crust.