This is my favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipe for this time of year. Making pumpkin bread always signals football, stew, and changing leaves for me. It is comforting, and smells the house up better then anything else.
We made a double batch yesterday and it didn’t last long. My kids favorite way to eat pumkin bread is still with some cream cheese on the side. Well, or spoons full’s of cream cheese and a little pumpkin bread to go with it!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350?F and grease two medium loaf pans. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and set to the side. In a seperate bowl or mixer, add sugar and very soft butter. Mix in eggs until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin and mix well. Mix in gently the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
You can add any additional mix ins at this time such as raisins, nuts or chocolate chips. Pour into the 2 prepared pans.
Make strudel topping. Divide in half, and press half onto the top of each loaf. Bake for about an hour until a knife comes out clean. Cool and serve.
You may also enjoy:
- Make paninis, hash browns, and even biscuit pizzas!
- Any wet batter will “waffle” your treats and snacks into single serving portions.
- Simply plug it in and go; it heats up in mere minutes.
- Dual non-stick surfaces
- Get your Fall on with this seasonal set of Mrs Meyers wonderful products!
- Let the scent of fresh Fall pumpkin make your home glow this season.
- Includes one each of: Hand Soap (12.5 Fl Oz), Multi-Surface Cleaner (16 Fl Oz) and Dish Soap (16 Fl Oz)
- Made with essential oils and plant-derived ingredients, free of parabens & phthalates, MEA & DEA, and artificial colors
- Free of animal-derived ingredients and not tested on animals
- Fall Seasonal Print Kitchen Tea Towel Set includes 2 autumn designs measuring 15.75 x 23.3 Inches.
- Dish Towels are made of absorbent, durable cotton material reminiscient of traditional flour sacks.
- Fall and Thanksgiving Designs come in seasonal colors of Orange, Brown, Burgundy and Fall Words.
- Includes (4) 22-Ounce Speckled Ceramic Soup Bowls and (4) Matching Spoons
- Soup Bowl Colors Are: Brown, Green, Orange, and White
- All Bowls Say The Word “SOUP” On Them
- Dishwasher, Microwave & Oven Safe
Making the most of your shopping this year? Don’t forget to:
- Compare prices to Amazon (Amazon may have changed their price since we posted this! They frequently change prices to match the major retailers)
- See the Amazon Gold Box & Lightning Deals