I also would like to point out another little ‘trick’. Each season all make-up companies change out their colors, they usually mark the old colors down. You can use coupons on marked down items! Don’t forget that!
Go here to print a coupon for $0.50/10 packets of Kool-Aid. These are on sale at most Kroger stores this week for $0.10 each so if your store doubles coupons, you’ll get these free after coupons. Plus, you can use your browser’s back button to print another coupon for a total of 20 packets free!
I must have about 100 packs of kool-aid in my food storage, and so far I have not paid for any of them. What am I going to do with all this kool-aid you ask???
1. Make Easy, Flavorful Kool-Aid Frosting I discovered this unusual use for Kool-Aid powder when I had a can of vanilla frosting one day and a cherry chip cake to frost. I stirred in a package of cherry flavored Kool-Aid and the result was a delicious, creamy topping that everyone loved! If you need to make a tasty frosting for a gelatin cake, all you need to do is fold in a pack of Kool-Aid into a container of thawed Cool Whip®. If the frosting tastes a little tart, add in sugar, a little at a time until it tastes good to you.
2. Make Kool-Aid Brand Lip Gloss This is an unusual use the girls will love! All they need to do, to make a fruity lip gloss, is to place a small amount of petroleum jelly into a microwave-safe bowl. Stir some Kool-Aid soft drink powder into the jelly- enough to make it the color they desire. Stir in a little sugar, then, place the bowl in a microwave oven for about five or six seconds- just enough to soften the mixture up a bit.
3. Make Sand Art With Kool-Aid Brand Soft Drink Mix Kool-Aid is perfect for the kids to make safe Sand Art with! All you need to do is provide them with plenty of paper and pencils. After they draw pictures on the paper, give them several different colors of dry Kool-Aid and Elmer’s® Glue. Then, instruct them to spread a thin layer of glue over one item in their picture. It’s better to start at the top of the pictures so they don’t get their arms in the wet mixture. They can then sprinkle Kool-Aid on that area and press it down gently. After the kids shake the excess soft drink powder off, they can continue onto the next section. Once their pictures are done, let them set until the Elmer’s Glue dries completely.
4. Temporarily Dye Your Hair With Kool-Aid If you’re going to a party, or, you just want a new look for a short period of time, use Kool-Aid! Choose the color you want to use and pour it into a glass container. Add a teaspoon of corn starch and just enough water to turn the ingredients into a paste. Apply the paste to your clean, dry hair and let it set for five minutes. Then, rinse the paste out. Your “new do” will last until you shampoo your hair once or twice.
5. Make Eerie Party Decorations Another unusual use for Kool-Aid Brand Soft Drink Powder is to make an eerie Halloween decoration with it. Just place some dry ice- don’t touch it with your hands!- into a glass, and pour a packet of any flavor Kool-Aid into it. Kids will watch with fascination as the dry ice and Kool-Aid bubbles and mists. Make up several of these glasses and set them around for an eerie effect at your next party!
6. Make Kool-Aid Clay for the Kids You may already know how to make homemade clay for your kids to play with. But, did you know you can make clay using Kool-Aid brand soft drink powder as well? Mix together a cup of white flour, a fourth cup of salt, 2 tablespoons cream of tartar and a package of Kool-Aid in a pan. Stir in a cup of water and a tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat the pan over medium heat on your stovetop. After several minutes, the mixture should clump together in the pan. When it does, remove the pan from the stove and let it cool slightly until you can touch it. Knead the Kool-Aid clay with your hands until it’s not lumpy anymore. Place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator until use.
7. Heather, left a comment on another use! “Great ideas! You can also tie-dye 100% cotton with Kool-aid.”
I am literally going to chew my arm off, I am on a stupid diet and seriously hungry! I know, I know, you aren’t supposed to get this hungry but to save a long story I just am!
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup applesauce
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
6 cups grated zucchini
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups whole wheat flour
6 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts ( I don’t put any in)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease and flour your pans.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil, applesauce and sugars. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done or 20 min on muffins.
I am putting together a few posts on couponing that I will be posting in the next week. But I would like to make one suggestion first….
Drug Store Deals
Meet My Litter
Baseball Star DudePart comedian, part Dad, part athlete. He will boss around your children while they play ball.
Baby Sitter Doll!Just as angelic as she looks, this girl could easily raise a Village by herself, and all the children would grow up to be President.
Webkinz Pup!Self proclaimed, she would be a webkinz dog. Because, "they're cute, and puppies are too. And they're sweet and they always get along with other puppies."
PrincessThis mini-Martha Stewart can handle ANY craft you send her way. She isn't all bows and rainbows, she's got karate kid moves!
Pick-Me-UpNot "Pick-Me-Up" like caffeine, she wants you to pick her up! AND NOW!
Supercute DestroyerAnything that can be destroyed WILL be destroyed!
Mary PoppinsPractically Perfect in Every Way for now! Nicknamed "The Panda" she is rolly polly and lives by the motto, "the little one, is KING!"
Miller DogThe resident Labradoodle, Miller got his name because Mom won and got to name the baby! Need something chewed up? He'll take care of it. Especially if it's expensive..