::UPDATE – PLEASE READ!!!::
Jake’s Finer Foods has generously offered a driver and semi truck for a trip to Moore, OK and we are helping them fill the truck!!! BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
We will be at the Kroger Grocery Store in The Woodlands, 6700 Woodlands Pkwy, The Woodlands, TX 77382
- Saturday 8am – 2pm & Sunday 11am – 4pm
::This is what they need::
- Soap laundry detergent
- New towels and wash clothes
- Toiletries – Shampoo, conditioner, razors etc.
- Baby items – Diapers, wipes, etc.
- New pillows
- Sheets and blankets
- CLEANING SUPPLIES!!!
- Paper Towels
- Trash Bags
- Pet Food
- NO CLOTHING!!!!
Thank you to:
- Maria at Harmony School for getting the word out!
- Football Coaches from Cypress Falls High School!
- Shelly at Consolidated for making it an office wide project!
- Heather from Freebies4Mom for dropping off items!
- Kaylene, from Clements High School and Highlands Elementary for letting them know how they can help. Her kids at the High School LOVE to help with projects like this! Way to go!
- The ladies who already brought in supplies this morning!
This is the deal, we will be working with a Disciples of Christ church near Moore as a location to where we are dropping off these items. People will be getting some help from the Red Cross as far as gift cards to get supplies and some clothing. We are trying to help them get through until they start getting insurance help.
They will not be needing home items at this time.
Think, “what would you need to help your family with basic needs…” Bedding is ALWAYS needed, items in good or NEW condition. SOCKS! Toiletries and wipes are ALWAYS wanted!
See how to make a hygiene kit HERE.
I will be at The Woodlands Christian church all day tomorrow. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Red Cross – Register and find friends and family
- Oklahoma Fans Facebook Page
- Salvation Army
- U-Haul offering 30 Days Free Storage to OK victims
- The Salvation Army care for disaster survivors and first responders. Text STORM to 80888 to donate $10 to the recovery and relief efforts.
- In an emergency you want to text, not call because it uses less tower frequency and leaves the lines open for emergency personnel.
- Also, if you want to donate to aid agencies, go online… don’t text – online donations get there faster, text donations have to be billed through the cell phone companies and take longer to get there.