Holiday Treats! How To Make The Grinch Crinkle Cookies
This fun and easy Grinch Crinkle Cookie recipe is such a crowd pleaser! I am sure you have had the traditional chocolate ones and know how easy they are to make. These are just as simple and even easier using a cake mix. If this is the first year your kids are watching The Grinch you can make these before watching the movie and enjoy them as a snack during it!
The cake mix batter will be very thick, this is a good thing as you do NOT want to touch it with your hands when I have that much food coloring in it!
If you have a cookie scoop, I used my .5 T scoop, you can use that to keep it off your hands. Or use 2 tablespoons to roll them into balls. This is the hardest part of the entire process and it isn’t really hard at all!
- 18.25 oz Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together corn starch and powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter cake mix and eggs (this will be thick).
- Add enough green food coloring to get bright green (a lot).
- In order to keep from getting your hands all green, use 2 spoons to gather up a chunk of dough and drop into the sugar starch mixture.
- Roll around with the spoons to cover well. Then pick up and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Make sure you don’t place too close as they will spread out some.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes untile they puff up.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for several minutes before transfering to cooling rack.
You may also enjoy:
Amazon Video ~ Stream the Holiday Classic Dr. Seuss How The Grinch Stole Christmas (The Ultimate Edition)
Dr. Seuss’ timeless classic comes to life in an all-new Ultimate Edition, now with 2 newly remastered specials: The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat and Halloween is Grinch Night!
- Includes Grinch themed tin with four dispensers from the Grinch – The Grinch, Cindy Lou, Fred and Max
- Each Gift Tin includes a six-pack of Sour Green Apple PEZ Candy.
- Peanut, Tree Nut & Gluten-Free – Candy Made in the USA
- Includes Tru Inertia Kazoo
- PJs come in sizes for the whole family including your pet
- Full-length pants and matching long-sleeve top capture the classic
- Super-soft and machine washable
- Decorate the tree
- Use as gift wrapping accent
- Quick and easy gifts
- Several options available
Limited Time Offer!
Making the most of your shopping this year? Don’t forget to:
- Compare prices to Amazon (Amazon may have changed their price since we posted this! They frequently change prices to match the major retailers)
- See the Amazon Gold Box & Lightning Deals