Now that the kids are back in school – we’re back to being lunch-making machines every morning. Assembly line sandwiches are the norm around here – but once in awhile I like to mix it up with something kind of fun. These DIY Pizza Lunchables are yummy, inexpensive and totally customizable to each child!
DIY Pizza Lunchables
Back when I was a kid we occasionally had french bread pizzas, or English Muffin pizzas on special occasions and we *loved* them.
This recipe uses english muffins for the crust – but you could just as easily sub in Arnold Sandwich Thins or even bagels. You could also plan ahead to make this BEST homemade pizza dough recipe into a dozen or so small crusts. (They freeze great!)
- English Muffins
- Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce
- Shredded Cheese and Parmesan Cheese
- Pepperoni or other toppings (optional)
I always have a few parmesan packets leftover in the fridge from some pizza place or another – and those are PERFECT for including in your DIY pizza lunchable kit. Just enough for two mini pizzas!
Directions for Making DIY Pizza Lunchables:
- Slice open an English muffin and place it in a sandwich container. (You can toast it to get more of a crunchy crust)
- Put sauce and shredded cheese into separate snack-sized ziploc bags.
- Include a packet of parmesan from a pizza place, or shake some into a separate baggy.
- Place all toppings in container with the crusts and include a knife or spoon.
I love my Rubbermaid Glass containers – there’s a little extra room in them to fit a pile of toppings, a knife and a napkin.
When ready to eat, bite or cut a small hole in the corner of the sauce bag and squeeze onto the crust. Add cheese and toppings and enjoy!
Also check out these posts: