This Copycat Almond Joy Bar Recipe is a perfect choice for making and adding to your holiday treat and candy platters. Whether you are gifting these to your friends and family or making to share with your kids at home during the holidays, this recipe is super easy and fun to make! Everyone loves the coconut, chocolate and almond delicious treats that are included in this fun recipe!
Copycat Almond Joy Bar Recipe
The beginning of this recipe is all about the gooey coconut center. We all remember biting into the classic candy bar and loving that combination of flavors. I am sure you are like me and didn’t realize just how simple it is to make them at home! Homemade is always best!
Parchment paper on your baking sheet is seriously a must on this one. It just makes it much easier to remove the bars once the chocolate has set. Some people prefer wax paper, but I am a fan of parchment paper personally. Choose what you prefer, but have that ready before you do anything else.
If you are buying your whole almonds untoasted, you will want to also toast them ahead of time (usually 5-7 minutes at 300 degrees). This will give them that flavor you expect when you bite into the bar later.
The filling is what everyone worries will be tough to make. Actually, it’s just a matter of mixing together sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, and coconut. Once you mix it together, you want it to be moldable. Not too loose or liquid, but fairly solid. This makes it easy to form small balls or roll into longer shapes. Next you drop 2 almonds on top and set into the mixture. I recommend popping these into the freezer for at least a half hour so they don’t melt when you dip into the melted chocolate.
Next you will melt your chocolate, dip the bars into chocolate coating them well – and finally placing them on that parchment paper to set. That’s all it takes to make your very own Copycat Almond Joy Bar Recipe!
- ⅔ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 14 oz Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- ⅔ cup Whole Almonds
- 12 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If almonds are not toasted, place in 300 oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until blended.
- Add coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Form into 1¼" x 3" bars and place on prepared sheet.
- Place 2 almonds on each bar and place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Dip the bars into the chocolate to completely cover using a fork.
- Tap gently on bowl to shake off excess and return to the prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set.
Make this delicious recipe along with all of our other great cookie and treats to add to your holiday candy tins and gift baskets this year!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Pecan Popcorn (great for gifting!)