We have been in our new house for almost 2 months now. Since we moved in, I have had this urge for chocolate chip cookies ALL THE TIME. I can smell them and see them all day long in my head! The other day I finally broke down and made a batch. As I took them off the cookie sheet to cool and put them on the counter, I realized where my craving came from!
The granite counter tops look like a GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE! This is not good for my figure!
However, I made some pretty dang good cookies!
Award Winning Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from All Recipes)
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.