A friend showed me this craft a few years ago and I have made them every year since. They are sooooo easy and the kids LOVE to make them. START saving your milk jugs now if you want to line your walkway or driveway with them. If you only want a few, you can out them around your front door. OR if you drink as much milk as we do wait until the day before and you should have enough!
The best part is that the kids can draw the faces themselves and the bigger kids can cut out the tops.
- Clean plastic gallon milk jugs
- Black permanent marker
- Craft knife
- String of 50 clear low-wattage holiday lights
- Draw ghost eyes and mouths on the jugs. Tip: Leave the caps on while you do this, so the jugs don’t dent.
- Use the craft knife to cut a half-dollar-size hole in the back of each jug (a parent’s job).
- Arrange the ghosts near each other and string the lights between them, stuffing several bulbs into each of the jugs.
This is from Family Fun magazine, one of my favorite magazines ever! We will be working on these today actually as I have 5 out of 7 puking all night. EVERYONE stayed home from school sick today!