We are on our 3rd day of the 12 days of Christmas cookies. I am not sure what I was thinking as I was hoping to lose weight this month and NOT gain it.
Today I made Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies and they turned out awesome. The last 1/2 I added chopped up pecans and they were even better!
This is one I was glad I made when the kids were around! I needed them to unwrap the kisses, HOWEVER, I should have bought another jar of cherries as it was all I could do to keep them from eating them all!
They really were AWESOME when they were done. Give these a shot!
* I made another kind of cookie today and I can’t wait for you to see them!! I know it is the weekend, but make sure to stop by tomorrow and see them, they are cute!
Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
48 Hershey cherry cordial chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl beat butter for 30 seconds on med-high speed. Add powdered sugar and salt beating until combined (scrape sides of bowl). Beat in the cherry liquid and almond extract. Beat in as much flour as you can then use a spoon to mix any remaining flour and the chopped cherries.
2. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar, flatten the balls until they are about 1/2 inch thick. Bake 14 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Right away place a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Check out the other recipes:
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies – Day 1 – Candy Cane Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies – Day 2 – Cowboy Cookies Recipe