I wanted to repost my Strawberry Dream Cake recipe because it is such a good fit for the summer. My sister had made this cake and told me how good it was so I thought I would try it.
I started with an already baked cake. Actually, 2 cakes in 9 in. round pans.
I cut them in half and made my own frosting. You can make the frosting with the recipe, I just like my frosting recipe 🙂
1 stick butter soft
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. milk
1 bag powered sugar
I added a little strawberry preserves to each layer for some flavor and color! All I had was the “sugar free” kind, and no one complained. But you could add any flavor.
I cut the 2 cakes in half, so now I had 4 layers. each layer I added frosting and some preserves.
My cake decorating skills are not the greatest, but the cake usually tastes good, thats all that counts right? It is hit or miss for me as to whether I want anyone to actually see the cake or not! Remember, this cake wreck??
I kept this cake in the fridge from the beginning, that made it really good, it was ice cold and the frosting was amazing! I think next time, I will add a little red food coloring to the batter, just a little, to give it a little more color! A really good cake I would make again!
This is one of those cakes that will make you a star. Sure, you can buy an angel food cake, and pre made frosting, but it will never taste as good as this one does when you make it from scratch!
Strawberry Dream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, pureed
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 8 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 pint sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if cake mix calls for 2 eggs add 3), and 8 ounces of the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat well and pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center will not come out clean when this cake is done since it is so moist. Let cake cool fully before frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Heat the heavy cream until just beginning to boil. Pour it over the white chocolate (chopped) and the remaining 4 ounces cream cheese. Mix well and let cool. Once cool fold into the whipped topping. Use to frost cooled cake and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.