St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. Every year I like to make something fun of this little Irish holiday for my kids. Since Rice Krispie treats are a household favorite, we decided to spruce them up and make them a bit more festive by using Lucky Charms! The kids loved them, with the fun rainbow colors and tasty marshmallows.
These Lucky Charm Treats are really super easy to make and are fantastic for a fun St Patrick’s Day classroom treat, for the kids lunches or to just have around the house as a sweet festive treat!
Lucky Charms Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
***Did you know that you can buy just the Lucky Charm Marshmallows? So if you prefer regular Rice Krispie Treats you can make them as normal and simply add in your Lucky Charm Marshmallows for the fun festive look!
More St Patrick’s Day Ideas:
Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? Share your ideas in the comments below!