Today of you are looking for some bonless skinless chicken, both Randalls and Kroger have great deals going. I have a little left from the last Zaycon order and the next order is open, you can read that HERE. But if you are OUT and need some chicken TODAY, this is the deal.
Randalls has boneless skinless for $1.88/lb
Kroger has boneless skinless for $1.99/lb
Both are really good prices. Zaycon is $1.69/lb this time and it is better quality, plus all natural. BUT, if you are out, you are out!
** Today I made lunch for my teachers at the school, it is one of their birthday’s today. I made a taco chicken soup in the crock pot. I know I am slamming you with all the taco seasoning recipes this week, but for some reason they are just fitting in that way. If you have not tried this recipe it is a KEEPER! Plus, it is SUPER easy. Go grab some frozen chicken out of the freezer NOW and toss it in the crock pot for dinner tonight!
This recipe feeds my family for under $1 a person. I substitute apple juice for the beer.
Chicken Taco Soup (From All Recipes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- shredded Cheddar cheese (optional coupon HERE)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.