We skipped Sunday making cookies as my family was about to kill me. Never thought they would be sick of cookies!
We made Snowball cookies today, and I forgot how good these are! Make them smaller so you don’t feel so bad eating the entire plate!
My first batch was a little dry, so I added a little more butter. I think mine was too cold the first time around.
These are so traditionally Christmas for me, I forget I can make these anytime!
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp McCormick pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (optional, but recommended)
1. Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla thoroughly.
2. Stir flour and salt together; blend in. If adding nuts, mix those in as well.
3. Roll dough in 1-inch balls, and place on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees, or until set but not brown.
5. While still warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely, and then roll in powdered sugar again.
Check out the other recipes:
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies – Day 1 – Candy Cane Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies – Day 2 – Cowboy Cookies Recipe
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies – Day 3 – Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies – Day 4 – Melting Snowmen Cookies Recipe