*Heads up! I am going to be posting the weekly menu plan on Thursday’s from now on. I have always posted them on Monday’s just because it was the start of the week, but I do my personal one when the new ads come out. It just seems more natural and makes more sense that way. I hate giving you a plan with prices that expire in 2 days. Forgive me if I mess up your mojo by doing it on Thursday, but I am figuring it give you more time to shop as well.
I think we are going to come out really cheap this week! Just in time to save some last minute cash for spring break, right?! We are staying home, so no big plans here. You can hang out with me all next week on the blog and wish we were somewhere exotic together!
THURSDAY: Buttermilk Chicken – I posted this recipe this morning, it is easy, simple and cheap to make, plus you can have left over chicken which is what I am planning on.
- Buy your chicken at Kroger for $.99/lb. split chicken breasts, legs and drum sticks. Get extra for another meal.
- Get free pizza crust at Kroger and Walmart. Use chicken from night before.
SATURDAY: Homemade Hamburgers – There is a new coupon for the Ball Park hamburgers that are really good. Kroger has buns for $1 and chips for $2.50, add the toppings and you have a good, cheap meal. Make extra burgers to have some for the next night.
- Buy hamburgers at Walmart. Get buns and chips at Kroger.
SUNDAY: Cheeseburger Soup – We are not going to be having much soup anymore as it is getting warmer and this is one of our favorites, so I want to have it a few more times! I am using some of the leftover hamburgers from the night before, cutting them up and using them in my soup!
- Use leftover hamburgers from the night before! Best price on potatoes is at Randalls, so I might just price match those at Walmart. Velveeta is not on sale this week anywhere, so hopefully you have some left from when it was on sale for the superbowl.
- Buy 3 Ragu at Kroger, get 2 free boxes of noodles $5 total.
- Buy drumsticks at Kroger $.99/lb
- Randalls Salad Kit Fresh Express $2.99
This is my shopping list for the week:
- Velveeta (around $5) $1/1 Velveeta Item printable
- Ball Park Burgers $4.48 $3.00/2 Ballpark Fully Cooked Beef Patties (zip 77477)
- Fresh Express Salad (price match to Randalls – I am buying 3 bags) $2.99 - $0.55/1 Fresh Express Packaged Salad, exp. 6/10/13 (SS 03/10/13)
- Russet Potatoes $.99/lb (price match to Randalls)
- Plus toppings for hamburgers and pizza $5 (tomatoes, ice burg lettuce, purple onion etc.)
- 80% Ground Beef $2.49/lb.
- Split Breasts, Legs, Drumsticks $.99/lb
- Green Beans $.99/lb
- Sweet Onions $.77/lb
- 3 Jars Ragu (get 2 free Kroger noodles) $5
- Chips $2.50 - $1/1 Lays Do Us A Flavor Potato Chips printable
- French bread (for spaghetti)
My above list is about $55 for all the dinners this week. I have a few things at home like salad dressing, canned items and side dishes. So I am going to say $75 to give you some wiggle room! Plus I will coupon for my lunch items and do the Kroger free milk with cereal deal for breakfast. But I am under $75 for all my dinners this week for 9 people! I am at $12.50 a night or $1.38 a person each meal + leftovers!!