* You can see my other haircutting post below!
I figure I save $800 – $1000 a year by cutting my families hair. That is at $25 a hair cut and only counting the girls 2x a year.
I made a few video tutorials on how I cut my kids hair. If you are new here, I was a hairstylist before kids
- How to cut “bangs” on kids (Omgosh! I forgot how RED her hair was!!)
- How to cut short hair – Part One
- H0w to cut short hair – Part Two
Amazon has a really good deal on a haircutting cape and a set of 2 scissors. These are so inexpensive that I am a little scared…. but they cost less than a haircut together, so I am willing to take a chance!
You can pick up a haircutting cape for $4.88 + Free shipping.
- This cape is made of soft, lightweight, water-repellent and durable material, keeps your clothes dry and clean.
- Professional Hair Cutting Hairdressing Gown Barbers Caps. Easy to clean and dry quickly!
- Can be adjusted to fit the necks of no matter little kids or adults! The Velcro neck closure makes it suitable for any size.
- Perfect for hair cutting, coloring and perming.If you are a salon owner, hairstylist or just hair cut at home, that’s the one you need!
- Size: 150*125cm. Color: black.
PLus there is also a set of cutting & thinning shears for only $6.88 with free shipping. This is really, really cheap for haircutting scissors. To give you an idea, my set was $480 when I got them, granted I was working in a salon and needed a good pair. These might be pretty cheap, but should get you through a bunch of haircuts.
- Material: stainless steel for fore part, zinc alloy plating for grip part .
- Length: 6 inch.
- Package included: 1 x Regular hair scissors 1 x Thinning scissors
The thinning shears are great for blending in layers of hair.