Popcorn is a classic holiday treat and this White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Recipe is a fun and easy choice. Peppermint is always a nice pop of crisp flavor to holiday themed treats, and white chocolate balances it well with that creamy flavor you expect. This is such a fun treat to make with the kids anytime, but especially during the holidays!
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Recipe
I love a simple homemade popcorn recipe. The addition of white chocolate and peppermint to this gives it the fun holiday spin and gives me the chance to add a bit of color (pink or red) to the mix and make this treat pop with holiday color. To make any popcorn recipe, you will want air popped popcorn instead of microwave popcorn. I love the Presto PopLite Hot Air Popper. It’s affordable, works great and is fairly compact on your counter or in your cabinet. There are many popcorn makers out there, and tons of ways to make popcorn in a hot pan with a bit of oil, but this is by far the easiest method I have found.
10 cups popped popcorn
1/2 cups peppermint baking bits
This is so super easy your kids can even help you make this. In fact, they will likely love helping you with this recipe. You will ned some white chocolate candy melts, the air popped popcorn and of course the peppermint. We used Andes Peppermint baking bits, but you can use any peppermint baking bits or even a peppermint white chocolate bar in this mix. You just want a hint of peppermint flavor.
Melt your chocolate candy melts in 30 second intervals in your microwave stirring between until fully melted. You can also do this over a double boiler if you prefer. Once chocolate has melted, you will pour over popcorn and stir until well coated. Then mix in the peppermint baking bits until well distributed. Pour this onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and allow chocolate to set before serving.
Leftovers will need to be stored in an airtight container or bag to prevent the popcorn from becoming stale.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 12 oz white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cups peppermint baking bits
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish and heat in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Line 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the 10 cups of popcorn into a large mixing bowl and pour the melted chocolate over the top (see photos).
- Gently stir the chocolate into the popcorn coating all the pieces.
- Add in the peppermint baking bits and stir to combine.
- Pour the popcorn out onto the baking sheets and evenly spread it out. Sprinkle with extra baking bits.
- Let the popcorn sit for 30 minutes and then gently break apart the pieces and store in an airtight container for snacking or gift giving.
This delicious white chocolate peppermint popcorn recipe is a great fun treat to make with your kids this holiday season. You can enjoy in front of a classic holiday movie, or put into fun holiday tins and gift to friends and family!
Check out other favorite holiday treats we love below!