Here’s your guide on how to roll gift card deals at Target.
Earn your gift cards
Start by checking out the ad, online sales and deal match ups to find out what items have gift card offers. These offers are often valid for one week only, but we have seen some run for as long as a month. Usually, bigger the item, the larger the amount the gift card being offered. We have seen appliance and electronic offers up to $50 several times a year.
The offer we see the most often that many of you will receive are the “Buy X number of items, Get a $5 Target Gift Card” on health, beauty and food purchases.
Make your purchase for less to start
Once the gift card deal is offered by Target, you will want to get the most for your money. Tips to know:
- Sale items do count towards your purchase if they meet all the size and flavor requirements
- You can you use manufacturer coupons on the items, even if they are on sale
- You can use Target coupons if they match, even if the items are on sale
- You can stack manufacturer coupons and Target store coupons on the items
- You will still qualify for the gift card offer even if you pay with a gift card
- Most of the time you are still eligible for any third party promotions/rebates that are available as well (think mail in rebates and ibotta)
Once you have purchased the proper items and quantity, the Target registers will automatically stop the transaction and make the cashier to add the gift card of the proper amount to the order. The gift card shows up at $0.00 on the receipt, but is instantly activated for use.
Once you pay for your order, the gift card is yours and ready to use immediately.
How to Roll Gift Card Deals at Target
Now that you know how to get them, here’s how you spend less out of pocket at Target.
- Make your list for shopping
- Plan separate transactions for each gift card deal
- Each gift card earning purchase should be a separate transaction
- Shop for your items
- Go to the checkout, use your coupons, other gift cards and any other available promotions
- Remember to keep each promotion separate, pay for the first transaction
- Receive your gift card
- Go on to the next transaction
- Repeat until you have completed your shopping trip
Or, if you aren’t sure when you are going to shop next and want to use up the balance so you don’t forget about it, just grab some items you need or use the amount to splurge on a little treat.
You may also choose to use the gift cards you earn in store to pay for purchases at Target.com!
Now you know How to Roll Gift Card Deals at Target