That crazy sale at Kroger last week has left me with some chicken and pork for this week! But there are still some really good deals on meat this week at my local stores.
Here are some free printables if you need them:
- Shopping List – Feel free to print this off and keep it on the fridge to jot down those items that you need to pick up from the store!
- Favorite Recipes – This form will help you make a list of the top recipes that you make for your family.
- Freezer Inventory – Take stock of what you have already so that you don’t overbuy. But also so that you know what you are looking for.
- Pantry Inventory – Keep track of what you have on hand. Then make a plan on what you are using a lot of and stock up on that.
- Monthly Menu Planner – By planning a monthly menu you can better follow the sales and know what you need to buy.
Start with the protein part of your meal when you are planning a meal, because that is where you will be spending the most of your money!
:: THURSDAY :: Caribbean Pulled Pork – This is an INSANELY good pulled pork recipe that I made for the first time earlier this summer. We are having it again tonight. I will have a salad from Kroger, they are $1.49 on mega event for the bagged salads this week.
:: FRIDAY :: Hamburgers – No recipe here. Just regular old hamburgers on the grill. Kroger has the angus ground chuck on sale for $1.99/lb so I will pick some up. They also have hamburger buns for $1, and probably a watermelon for $5.99.
:: SATURDAY :: Chicken Tacos – I have a lot of chicken, and the taco packets are free this week at Randalls… so we will be having tacos! Plus I can just use the same lettuce and tomatoes from the hamburger meal for toppings on the tacos.
:: SUNDAY :: Tortilla Soup – I can put this in the crock pot and it will be ready when we are home from church! I also will just make extra chicken from the night before and use that in the soup. So I wont have to cook more or shred any chicken!
:: MONDAY :: Easy Shells and Cheese – This is one of my favorite meals and so I am making it. I will be getting the ground beef from Kroger as well as the makings for a salad to go with it. The cheese is on mega event as well, and so this dish should not cost very much!
I know that for us we will be really busy on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will be having leftovers or even eating out if we have to.
What are you planning on making this week??