This Sunday I strayed from my menu plan because I felt like cooking and ended up with an AWESOME meal! Paul made the BEST Pesto Flank Steak, and the kids helped with some really good side dishes!
One that is a favorite is Bacon Cheddar Corn Bread. You can make this as a loaf or in a 8×8 pan. We did an 8×8 this time.
This is a simple and easy side dish to make. Plus you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
The Cake flour makes it really light and fluffy.
This is so simple my kids are pretty good at mixing it up without any help!
I doubled mine today and used a 9×13 pan.
Give it a try! It is so easy!
Bacon Cheddar Corn Bread
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose CAKE flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can creamed style corn
- 1 can drained canned corn
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.