How pretty is this Strawberry Shortcake in a jar for a summer dessert?! Plus these are SOOOOO super simple and easy to make, you just won’t believe it!
I started making the desserts in a jar recipes after seeing the idea at a wedding a few years ago. They are great to send to school for the kids teachers or for a really nice presentation for something a little more fancy.
Try to find your jars on sale. I also have good luck finding jars at the Goodwill store.
Obviously this dessert is layered in the jars for a pretty presentation. But you can also follow the same recipe and basically make it in a bowl and serve it in a bowl. Super simple!
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE IN A JAR
- 1 lb Angel Food Cake or Pound cake
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup cold Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Reserve 4 strawberries for garnish.
- Remove stems and cut up remaining strawberries and put in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1″ cubes.
- Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to zippered bag and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Clip corner of bag to allow for piping.
- In each jar layer cake, then strawberries, then whip cream and then repeat these layers.
- Take reserved strawberries and use for garnish on each jar.