The Neiman Marcus $250 Cookie Recipe is legend just about everywhere. Have you heard the story?
My daughter and I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas & decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the “Neiman-Marcus Cookie”. It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe and the waitress said with a small frown “I’m afraid not.” Well” I said, “would you let me buy the recipe?”
With a cute smile, she said YES”. I asked how much and she responded, “Only two fifty, it’s a great deal!” I said with approval, “just add it to my tab”.. Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus and it was $285.00. I looked again and remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, “Cookie Recipe – $250.00”. That’s outrageous!!!
I called Neiman’s Accounting Dept. and told them that the waitress said it was “two-fifty,” which clearly does not mean “two hundred and fifty dollars” by any POSSIBLE interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge.. They would not refund my money, because according to them, “What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the recipe – we absolutely will not refund your money at this point.” I explained to her the criminal statutes which govern fraud in Texas. I threatened to refer them to the Better Business Bureau and the State’s Attorney General for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, “Do what you want, we dont give a damn, and we’re not refunding your money.” I waited a moment, thinking of how I could get even,or even try to get any of my money back. I just said, “Okay, you folks got my $250.00, and now I’m going to have $250.00 worth of fun.”
This story is an urban legend, but it is really a lot of fun, and the cookies just might possibly be worth $250!
The trick is pulling them out BEFORE you think they are done and letting the cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet. Then transferring them to the cooling rack or counter. Also, don’t skip the oatmeal part. I blend it up in my Vitamix or blender and it really gives them a special taste. I find that they get crumbly fast and so store them in a container quickly that is sealed! You won’t be sorry that you tried theses!
It makes a HUGE recipe, but that is O.K. you will need that many! I do add about 1 cup of Heath bar to mine, but that is if I have it on hand! 🙂
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
(Recipe may be halved):
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet..Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.. Have Fun!!!
- Includes 2 tall containers( 5.2 L / 176 oz), 2 large containers ( 4.3 L / 145 oz), 4 medium containers ( 2.5 L / 85 oz), 4 measuring cups and 24 labels.
- Airtight Containers
- Perfect for Storing Dry Food
- BPA Free
- Heavy Duty Strong Wire Grid
- Professional Grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel
- Safe for oven use to 575F degrees
- Fit flat inside large 13” x 18”
- Egyptian cotton and 5 % stretchy lycra fabric is cool, breathable and flexible
- Premium dye’s ensure that your outfit won’t fade or run.
- You won’t get any fuss about putting this one on
Want more out of your Prime Membership?
- Learn how to check your Amazon credit balance
- Find out the answer to how does Amazon Subscribe & Save Work
- Find out how to beat people to Amazon Lightning Deals
- If you don’t have an Amazon Prime Membership, use THIS LINK for a free 30 day trial! If you decide you love it as much as we do, you can buy a full year for only $99, or pay just $12.99 per month!