We love making this Christmas Snowflake Cookie Recipe! Of course, it could easily be a great cookie to make throughout the winter months, but typically it goes on our cookie exchange list, or just in our tins to give to friends and family. They are cute, simple and so yummy!
Christmas Snowflake Cookie Recipe
A basic sugar cookie recipe makes this Christmas Snowflake Cookie Recipe a favorite way to add a little fun to the season. Kids love helping you cut out the cookies, and of course, decorating is always tons of fun. I like these because they are pretty without being complicated.
3 cup Flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Milk
White Pearl Candy Decorations
You start with a basic sugar cookie recipe that is easy to bring together in your stand mixer. You will start by creaming together your butter and sugar, then add in milk and egg to create your wet ingredients. You’ll then blend in the dry ingredients. For a lighter cookie, you may even want to sift the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
Once the dough forms a ball, you will want to divide this dough in half. Roll the first half out to around 1/4″ thick, and use your snowflake-shaped cookie cutter to create cookies. Once you place those on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, you can roll the leftover dough into the other half and begin cutting more cookies out as needed for the next batch. These cookies are thin so watch closely so they don’t burn. Bake the cookies for 7-8 minutes then remove them from heat. Allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before icing.
3 Egg Whites
1 teaspoon Vanilla
4 cup Powdered Sugar
Once you have all of your cookies cooling, you can mix up this easy icing. A stand mixer or high powered hand mixer is a great choice for this icing. You’ll combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until they become bubbly. Mix in the powdered sugar gradually until incorporated. Continue beating this mixture until it forms stiff glossy peaks.
Put the icing in a pastry bag with a small tip on the end. Pipe a line of icing across the snowflake cookie in a simple pattern. You can add extra lines to accent if desired. Place a pearl candy bead at each endpoint for a shiny embellishment.
- 3 cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- White Pearl Decorations
- ICING INGREDIENTS
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg and milk.
- Gradually add in flour.
- Divide mixture in half, place one-half of dough in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- Place remaining dough between parchment paper and roll to uniform ¼" thick and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Cut out snowflakes or stars and transfer to parchment coated cookie sheet.
- Gather and reroll remaining dough between parchment paper and roll to uniform ¼" thick and place in refrigerator to chill...
- Bake in a 375 degree oven about 7-8 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer to pastry bag and pipe pattern on cookies.
- Place white pearl at each point where icing lines cross.
We love making Christmas cookies, and this Christmas snowflake cookie recipe is a favorite. You can make them even more fun by adding edible glitter, or even coloring your icing blue or silver for a fun look! These go great on trays of cookies at parties and events, or in holiday tins to gift to friends and family.
Check out our other favorite holiday baked treats below!
You may also enjoy:
- Turn your stand mixer into a culinary center with over 10 available attachments.
- 3.5 quart brushed stainless steel bowl to mix up to 5 dozen cookies, a loaf of bread and more
- 10 optimized speeds powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe
- Soft start helps to avoid ingredient splash and flour puff by starting at a lower speed
- Tilt-head design allows clear access to the bowl to easily add ingredients for a recipe.
- 2 non-stick silicone baking mats for easy and convenient baking
- No need for oil, cooking sprays, or parchment paper
- Oven-safe up to 480 degrees F
- Fits half-sheet size pans; easy to clean
- Each baking mat measures approximately 11.6×16.5 inches (LxW)
- Baking pan set is made from durable steel that resists warping; long-lasting nonstick provides excellent food release and easy cleanup
- 9-Inch x 13-Inch Cookie Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan, 11-Inch x 17-Inch Cookie Pan
- Roasting pans feature long-lasting all-over nonstick for excellent food release and easy cleanup
- Bold-colored, extra-wide grippy handles on the pans provide a confident grasp and are oven safe to 500 degrees F
- A portion of the proceeds goes to Yum-o!(r), Rachael’s nonprofit that helps kids and parents develop healthy relationships with food