For the past few years I have been making a Coca Cola Ham for Easter. Even if I get a spiral sliced from the store, I have poured a can of Coke over the ham, it just seems to keep it so moist and good! I love the crispy edges and the hint of mustard. Give it a shot it is easy!
Coca Cola Ham
- 1 (6 to 8 pound) fully cooked, shank-end half ham
- 1 to 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- Crushed OR Sliced pineapple
- Whole cloves, optional
- Cherries, optional
- 1/2 can of Coca-Cola
- Wash ham thoroughly.
- Rub fat side with brown sugar and mustard
- Pour Coca-Cola over ham.
- Pour crushed pineapple over ham.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours.
* Now you can also score the ham, and place the pineapple rings across the top with the cherries in the middle. It is just easier with the crushed, but not as pretty! I also broil the top just for a few minutes to make it extra crispy. Makes 6 servings