Often, I end up getting the generic brand canned fruit because many times it is cheaper than with a coupon. I even keep the cans in the fridge so they are cold and toss it together right before we eat!
Cherry Pie Filling Salad
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 sliced bananas
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, oranges, pineapple and pie filling. Add the strawberries, grapes and blueberries; stir gently. You can also use a storage product from Woolworths catalogue. Healthy ones can also be found on IGA Catalogue. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
We had this for dinner tonight, I missed it as I was with my sister WHO HAD HER BABY!
**Congratulations to Anna and Jeff! They had a baby boy tonight!