Two times a year, Target has an awesome Target Toy Sale clearance event. This is something that if you have little kids you will not want to miss. I stock up on Christmas gifts, birthday and other items for my “gift closet.”
Target clearances out their toys in January and July to make way for all the new toys and items for the different seasons. Just like they do with their other sales, they will follow their mark down schedule with the toys as well.
The summer sale happens at the END of July usually on a Thursday and you will see the items drop to 70% off and even 90% off the holiday items. You will see the toys slowly start dropping in price from 30% off to 50% and then the most on that Thursday. Currently mine are at 30%.
The really cool thing is that these are not the toys that people don’t want. They are Lego’s, and all the regular toys you would buy at full price.
A few tips:
- I DO NOT brings kids with me to this one! First I am buying Christmas presents and second I need to be able to THINK!
- Get there early, like when they open.
- Check out deals the says before.
- Buy for gifts later, think ahead.
- ALWAYS check the prices on the red scanners many items are actually further marked down than what the tag says.
- Set a budget.
Have fun play nice!