A couple of years ago I had a Starbucks ButterBeer and things might not be the same for me again! My kids are often invited to Starbucks to hang out with their friends. They typically order hot chocolate or a Vanilla Bean Frapp as they have no coffee in them. But the other day my son came home with a different drink. Curious to what he would spend hard earned money on I asked for a drink and was surprised at how much I liked it! He explained to me that it was on the Starbucks secret menu and that you have to ask for it, and be prepared to tell them how to make it. They call this one the “Harry Potter” or “ButterBeer” and it is wonderful!
Not so much secret I guess, you just have to be able to order the drink and be prepared to tell them how to make it if they have not heard of it.
Cold Butterbeer Frappucino:
- A Creme Frappuccino base. “Don’t skimp on the fat by asking for skim or 2% milk as whole milk is required for the right consistency.”
- Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup.
- Add 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup.
- Top with caramel drizzle.
But sadly they can only make ButterBeer during the Holiday’s as they don’t carry Toffee Nut syrup all year long. (Some Starbucks readers have told us that Starbucks DOES carry the Toffee Nut year round so it may vary by location) You can also get a hot version.
- Whole milk steamer
- Add caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top
- Optional if you prefer to add a coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)
- Thank you PopWatch!
- 1 cup milk 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 16 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1½ Tablespoon Caramel Syrup
- 1½ Tablespoon Toffee Nut Syrup
- Put into blender and blend until no ice chunks can be heard!